Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- A man who has never made a woman angry is a failure in life.
- -- Christopher Morley
- The absolute yearning of one human body for another particular body and its indifference to substitutes is one of life's major mysteries.
- -- Iris Murdoch
- Love matches, so called, have illusion for their father and need for their mother.
- -- Friedrich Nietzsche
- When yer in a funk, people in love are a royal pain in the patookus.
Portnoy, character in "Outland," comic strip by Berkely Breathed
- Being in therapy is great. I spend an hour just talking about myself. It's kinda like being the guy on a date.
- -- Caroline Rhea
- Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue to exist, a wonderful living side by side can grow up, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see each other whole against the sky.
- -- Rainer Maria Rilke
- Whenever I date a guy, I think, is this the man I want my children to spend their weekends with?
- -- Rita Rudner
- Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts.
- -- William Shakespeare, King Henry the Sixth
- The perfect love affair is one which is conducted entirely by post.
- -- George Bernard Shaw
- Saying that men talk about baseball in order to avoid talking about their feelings is the same as saying that women talk about their feelings in order to avoid talking about baseball.
- -- Deborah Tannen, You Just Don't Understand
- The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet.
- -- Andy Warhol
- Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance.
- -- Oscar Wilde
- I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
- -- William Butler Yeats, from "He wishes for the cloths of heaven"