Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- You have it easily in your power to increase the sum total of this world's happiness now. How? By giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or discouraged. Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.
- -- Dale Carnegie
- Never go to bed angry. Stay up and fight.
- -- Phyllis Diller
- Never judge a book by its movie.
- -- J. W. Eagan
- The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.
- -- Albert Einstein
- Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
- -- William Faulkner
- Never be possessive. If a female friend lets on that she is going out with another man, be kind and understanding. If she says she would like to go out with the Dallas Cowboys, including the coaching staff, the same rule applies. Tell her: "Kath, you just go right ahead and do what you feel is right." Unless you actually care for her, in which case you must see to it that she has no male contact whatsoever.
- -- Bruce Jay Friedman
- A Code of Honor: Never approach a friend's girlfriend or wife with mischief as your goal. There are just too many women in the world to justify that sort of dishonorable behavior. Unless she's really_ attractive.
- -- Bruce Friedman
- Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.
- -- Robert Frost
- You can't shake hands with a clenched fist.
- -- Indira Gandhi
- Always go to the bathroom when you have a chance.
- -- King George V
- One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture and, if possible, speak a few reasonable words.
- -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.
- -- Sidney Goff
- Beware of men on airplanes. The minute a man reaches thirty thousand feet, he immediately becomes consumed by distasteful sexual fantasies which involve doing uncomfortable things in those tiny toilets. These men should not be encouraged, their fantasies are sadly low-rent and unimaginative. Affect an aloof, cool demeanor as soon as any man tries to draw you out. Unless, of course, he's the pilot.
- -- Cynthia Heimel
- Never judge someone by who he's in love with; judge him by his friends. People fall in love with the most appalling people. Take a cool, appraising glance at his pals.
- -- Cynthia Heimel