Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
- -- Cynthia Heimel, "Lower Manhattan Survival Tactics" in Village Voice
- Dew knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl yore mistakes.
- -- Brendan Hills
- Live truth instead of professing it.
- -- Elbert Hubbard
- Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
- Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
- -- John F. Kennedy
- When you are right, you cannot be too radical; When you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.
- -- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I will try to follow the advice that a university president once gave a prospective commencement speaker. "Think of yourself as the body at an Irish wake" he said. "They need you in order to have the party, but no one expects you to say very much."
- -- Anthony Lake, national security advisor, at University of Massachusettes, Amhurst, Graduation 1995
- For best results: wash in cold water separately, hang dry and iron with warm iron. For not so good results: drag behind car through puddles, blow-dry on roofrack.
Laundry instructions on a shirt made by HEET (Korea)
- For the love of God, folks, don't do this at home.
- -- David Letterman, CBS Late Show, demonstrating the Donut-o-pult, 1995
- You can't learn too soon that the most useful thing about a principle is that it can always be sacrificed to expediency.
- -- W. Somerset Maugham
- If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.