Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- We were born to die and we die to live. As seedlings of God, we barely blossom on earth; we fully flower in heaven.
- -- Russell M. Nelson, LDS Church News, April 1992 General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- I am become death, shatterer of worlds.
- -- Robert J. Oppenheimer, citing from the Bhagavadgita, after witnessing the world's first nuclear explosion
- How could they tell?
- -- Dorothy Parker, upon hearing that President Coolidge had died
- There are many things worth living for, there are a few things worth dying for, but there is nothing worth killing for.
- -- Tom Robbins
- There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
- -- George Santayana
- I want to die in my sleep like my friend.... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
Seen on a bumper sticker
- Everything is drive-through. In California, they even have a burial service called Jump-In-The-Box.
- -- Wil Shriner
- Early to rise and early to bed.
Makes a male healthy, wealthy and dead.
- -- James Thurber
- I have lost friends, some by death, others through sheer inability to cross the street.
- -- Virginia Woolf
- It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
- -- Emiliano Zapata