Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- Abstract art: a product of the untalented sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.
- -- Al Capp
- When Michelangelo finished the painting of the Sistine Chapel's ceiling, he spent the rest of his life trying to remove the paint that had poured into his sleeve.
- -- Francois Cavanna
- Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame.
- -- G. K. Chesterton
- If I had been around when Rubens was painting, I would have been revered as a fabulous model. Kate Moss? Well, she would have been the paintbrush...
- -- Dawn French
- The artist alone sees spirits. But after he has told of their appearing to him, everybody sees them.
- -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Give me a museum and I'll fill it.
- -- Pablo Picasso
- I choose a block of marble and chop off whatever I don't need.
- -- Francois-Auguste Rodin, when asked how he managed to make his remarkable statues
- See what will happen if you don't stop biting your fingernails?
- -- Will Rogers, to his niece on seeing the Venus de Milo
- Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
- -- Tom Stoppard
- Paradoxically though it may seem, it is none the less true that life imitates art far more than art imitates life.
- -- Oscar Wilde