Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
- If God created us in His image we have certainly returned the compliment.
- If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
- The first clergyman was the first rascal who met the first fool.
- Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God.
- -- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., Cat's Cradle
- My husband used to make all the decisions in our family. But now that he's a Promise Keeper, we always talk first and then he makes the decision.
Wife of a Promise Keeper, a U.S. men's religious group focusing on mens' commitments to their families
- I sometimes think that God, in creating man, overestimated His ability.
- -- Oscar Wilde
- Hope, like faith, is nothing if it is not courageous; it is nothing if it is not ridiculous.
- -- Thornton Wilder
- The Church is an organism that grows best in an alien society.
- -- C. Stacey Woods
- I read the book of Job last night - I don't think God comes out well in it.
- -- Virginia Woolf