Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- Thomas Jefferson--still surv...
- -- John Adams, dying words
- Now comes the mystery.
- -- Henry Ward Beecher, dying words, March 8, 1887
- I am about to--or I am going to--die; either expression is used.
- -- Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian, dying words
- I don't feel good.
- -- Luther Burbank, dying words
- Goodbye, Everybody!
- -- Hart Crane, poet, who committed suicide by jumping overboard during a steamship voyage.
- Show my head to the people, it is worth seeing.
- -- Georges Danton, to his executioner
- ...the fog is rising.
- -- Emily Dickinson, dying words
- The nourishment is palatable.
- -- Millard Fillmore, dying words
- Ask her to wait a moment - I am almost done.
- -- Carl Friedrich Gauss, when informed that his wife was dying
- More light!
- -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, dying words
- Dieu me pardonnera. C'est son métier. Translation: God will forgive me. It's his job.
- -- Heinrich Heine, dying words