Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- Marriage is more than four bare legs in a bed.
- -- Hoshang N. Akhtar
- A good marriage is like a casserole, only those responsible for it really know what goes in it.
- A little girl at the wedding afterwards asked her mother why the bride changed her mind. "What do you mean?" responded her mother. "Well, she went down the aisle with one man, and came back with another."
- Is it better for a woman to marry a man who loves her than a man she loves.
- Marriage is not a ritual or an end. It is a long, intricate, intimate dance together and nothing matters more than your own sense of balance and your choice of partner.
- -- Amy Bloom
- I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children they just about throw up.
- -- Barbara Bush, first lady, 1989
- There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.
Homer, Odyssey, ninth century B.C.
- There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage
- -- Martin Luther
- Marriages are made in heaven and consummated on Earth.
- -- John Lyly
- A good marriage is at least 80 percent good luck in finding the right person at the right time. The rest is trust.
- -- Nanette Newman, British actress
- Marriage resembles a pair of shears, so joined that they cannot be separated; often moving in opposite directions, yet always punishing any one who comes between them.
- -- Sydney Smith
- With this ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship, and with all my worldly good I thee endow.
Wedding Vow, Book of Common Prayer