Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- When ideas fail, words come in very handy.
- -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef.
- -- Tom Robbins
- Does anal retentive have a hyphen?
Seen on a t-shirt
- Icky icky icky icky fKANG zoop-boing n zowzyin...
The Knights who so recently said "Nee!", Monty Python, British comedy television show
- There is nothing that can be said by mathematical symbols and relations which cannot also be said by words. The converse, however, is false. Much that can be and is said by words cannot successfully be put into equations, because it is nonsense.
- -- C. Truesdell
- Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
- -- Mark Twain
- You can not apply mathematics as long as words still becloud reality.
- -- Hermann Weyl
- For I am a bear of very little brain and long words bother me.
Winnie the Pooh, character from author A. A. Milne
- The limits of my language means the limits of my world.
- -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
- What's another word for "Thesaurus?"
- -- Steven Wright