Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- The authority of those who teach is often an obstacle to those who want to learn.
- The wit of a graduate student is like champagne. Canadian champagne.
- -- Robertson Davies
- Seeing much, suffering much, and studying much, are the three pillars of learning.
- -- Benjamin Disraeli
- The average Ph.D thesis is nothing but the transference of bones from one graveyard to another.
- -- Frank J. Dobie, A Texan in England, 1945
- Education is the state-controlled manufacture of echoes.
- -- Norman Douglas
- How is it that little children are so intelligent and men so stupid? It must be education that does it.
- -- Alexandre Dumas fils
- If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others.
- -- Tryon Edwards
- It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- -- Albert Einstein
- Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis.
- -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.
- -- Anatole France
- You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
- -- Robert Frost
- Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater.
- -- Gail Godwin