Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but you still have to mow it.
- I had ambition, by which sin
- The angels fell;
- I climbed, and step by step, oh Lord,
- Ascended into Hell
- -- W. H. Davies, Ambition
- Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire.
- -- Jean de La Fontaine
- What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally happens.
- -- Benjamin Disraeli
- I just need enough to tide me over until I need more.
- -- Bill Hoest
- People may or may not say what they mean ... but they always say something designed to get what they want.
- -- David Mamet
- He who awaits much can expect little.
- -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Ambition is not a vice of little people.
- -- Michel de Montaigne
- Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
- -- P. J. O'Rourke
- We never reflect how pleasant it is to ask for nothing.
- There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
- -- Oscar Wilde