Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- Victory belongs to the most persevering.
- As for courage and will - we cannot measure how much of each lies within us, we can only trust there will be sufficient to carry through trials which may lie ahead.
- -- Andre Norton
- Chance is always powerful. - Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.
- To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought.
- -- Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume
- Fanaticism consists of redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim.
- -- George Santayana
- Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.
Semisonic, Closing Time
- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
- ... then the world 's mine oyster
- -- William Shakespeare, The Merry Wives of Windsor
- If you want to sing out, sing out, and if you want to be free, be free, 'cause there's a million ways to be, you know that there are...
- -- Cat Stevens, from a song lyric
- Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
- -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
The Artist Formerly Known As Prince
- Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
- -- Sun Tzu
- The mind has exactly the same power as the hands: not merely to grasp the world, but to change it.
- -- Colin Wilson
- Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.
- -- John R. Wooden, Practical Modern Basketball
- Do or do not. There is no try.
Yoda, character in the movie The Empire Strikes Back
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars
- -- Les Brown