Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
- Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
- -- James Baldwin
- I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it, and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else; hard work and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't.
- -- Lucille Ball
- The great advantage of being in a rut is that when one is in a rut, one knows exactly where one is.
- -- Arnold Bennett
- Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense.
- -- Thomas Arnold Bennett
- Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.
- -- Josh Billings
- Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.
- -- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones.
- -- Phillip Brooks
- We got to roll with the punches, play all of our hunches, make the best of whatever comes your way. Forget that blind ambition, learn to trust your intuition -- plowing straight ahead, come what may.
- -- Jimmy Buffett, Cowboy in the Jungle (song)
- Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.
- -- Leonardo da Vinci, Notebooks
- Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door.
- -- Emily Dickinson
- Genius is 99 percent perspiration and 1 percent inspiration.
- -- Thomas Edison