Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know. He knows now that he doesn't know. Last year, he didn't know that.
- -- Bill Parcels, New England Patriots head coach, on 2nd year quarter-back Drew Bledsoe
- I was a pilot flying an airplane and it just so happened that where I was flying made what I was doing spying.
- -- Francis Gary Power, U-2 reconnaissance pilot held by the Soviets for spying, in an interview after he was returned to the U.S.
- I support efforts to limit the terms of members of Congress, especially members of the House and members of the Senate.
- -- Dan Quayle, Former Vice-President
- The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history...this century's history.... We all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.
- -- Dan Quayle, then Indiana senator and Republican vice-presidential candidate during a news conference in which he was asked his opinion of the Holocaust
- The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It's only the people who make them unsafe.
- -- Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia
- I'm not indecisive. Am I indecisive?
- -- Jim Scheibel, mayor, St. Paul MN
- Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.
- -- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign
- I cannot imagine any condition which would cause this ship to founder. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that.
- -- E. I. Smith, Captain of the Titanic
- After finding no qualified candidates for the position of principal, the school board is extremely pleased to announce the appointment of David Steele to the post.
- -- Philip Streifer, Superintendent of Schools, Barrington, Rhode Island
- I've always thought that underpopulated countries in Africa are vastly underpolluted.
- -- Lawrence Summers, chief economist of the World Bank, explaining why we should export toxic wastes to Third World countries
- We didn't send you to Washington to make intelligent decisions. We sent you to represent us.
- -- Kent York, Baptist minister to US Rep. Bill Sarpalius